Sunday, March 30, 2008

Solo Sunday

Woke up Sunday, no rain or snow like predicted, and it was 40 degrees! Headed out to the usual North loop on Territorial Rd. After 15 years of going through Elm Creek Park, there were changes made that I hadn't seen completed from last fall. First, the pedestrian bridge over Hwy 81 is open. I took a ride across and took a photo of Old Glory. I can't access Territorial the old familiar way, at least until all the snow is gone.

Here's a view of the bridge from the bike path.


The next two signs are familiar to all the Loons. The 55 MPH sign is the beginning of the "Fletcher Time Trial."

The Fletcher "city limits" sign is the end of the TT, a distance of about 9 miles. It was only my 2nd ride of the season, but I thought I'd give it a try. Last year I did it in 29:50 in the spring and around 25:00 in the summer. I was shooting for 30 minutes or less. 30:45 was my time, I guess there's lots of room for improvement....!

East French Lake Rd. I wonder how much longer we'll have working farms 6 miles from home?

A couple of pooches enjoying the sun on E. French Lake Rd.


This one threw me. I always figured anyone that drank Fat Tire would have enough class not to throw the bottles out the car window onto the roadside. Guess I was wrong.
All in all, it was a great day to ride, and I felt good. Finished up with 34 miles.
As I write this, outside I see snow falling, AGAIN!
Last I heard it was to be 6-8" by this evening.






No comments:

Post a Comment