Thursday, October 23, 2008

doldrums

I needed some color. Here is a shot I took this summer. It makes a great wallpaper.


Boy, this is a pretty quiet time of year. Tween-time. Don't get me wrong, I like fall. But late fall gets tough. Daylight is diminished, rides are good, but bundled up rides aren't the same as the hot weather ones. Actually, FWK has been getting in 4-5 rides per week. Only 25-30 miles at a time, but it always feels good to be in the saddle. I have no wind and my legs are fair, but it beats sitting on a spin bike in the club. That will come soon enough. Right now, that's my motivation. Do I want to sit in the spinning room, listening to some gal that doesn't have a fucking clue how to ride a bike outdoors playing Abba, or do I want to ride outside in the cooler weather with snot dribbling out of my nose? I'll take the snot! The last 2 days I've actually felt really good on the bike, but I only averaged 17 mph for the rides.

Where did the time go? It just seems like yesterday I was looking at this guys crack.

The amigos riding the 144 route this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment