Monday, August 25, 2008

Rocky Mountain Biking

The child bride and I are headed to Breckenridge, CO on Tuesday. We didn't make it there last year. These pictures are from 2 & 3 years ago. Bob, I wish you were there with me.

The picture above is the Peaks trail, which goes from Breckenridge to Frisco. It's a very diverse trail, and this is only a part of it. It's my favorite stretch of the trail, which is 18 miles round trip.




A view partway up Peak 8. The complex in the center of the picture is where we stay.

This shot is from much further up the same peak. You can see how much farther the town of Breckenridge is in the photo. Plus, I'm well above the tree line now. It took me about 3 hours to get to the top, and 30 minutes to get down! The only sound you hear when climbing at over 10,000 feet is your heart pounding between your ears.

1 comment:

  1. the trails look awesome! but I will stay home since you only want "Bob" out there, Im not bitter

    ReplyDelete