Friday, April 18, 2008

Danny Federici

As you may have guessed by now, I'm a pretty big fan of Bruce Springsteen's music. I'm also a big fan of his band. They are incredible musicians. As much as I love hearing guitars being played with great vigor, it's the keyboards that stand out to me in songs. Both of the E Street Band's keyboard players, Roy Bittan and Danny Federici are outstanding. I'm saddened to have read today that Danny passed away yesterday from the effects of melanoma. He is pictured above, center, playing the accordian. Roy bittan is on the right and Bruce on the left. He didn't play at the St. Paul show we saw. Bruce mentioned him and said he was recovering and hoped he would join them in the near future. Four days later, in Indianapolis, he did. I just assumed he was on the road to recovery. There is a short video of the performance on the Springsteen website. I couldn't get the video link itself dial in. Rest in peace, Danny.

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html




No comments:

Post a Comment