Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Anguilla






I can't help myself. This time of year I start thinking of my favorite place, Anguilla. A small island, 3 X 17 miles wide and long. It has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Soft, ground coral sand fine and cool, even in the hot sun. Since I can't write a whole lot about cycling this time of the year, I'll be waxing poetic about the island, people, and of course, the Pumphouse; the best bar on earth. I'll drop in a few pictures of the beach for now. We stay about a 45 second walk from this beach. Last year, to stave off getting out of shape, I decided to run the beach. Running of course, for me, is torture. But, I figured it would be great to do it on this beach, barefoot, like I've observed people for the past 10 years. It was great! Nothing like a little Heineken hangover run in the morning. The next day I got up and had blisters! I didn't bring running shoes along, only 1 pair of sandals and a pair of beat up docksiders. I continued to run every other day and was careful not to over due it. Interestingly enough, I was the only guy wearing a Bianchi bandana. This year I will bring my Brooks shoes along to avoid the blisters.
Of course, when I'm not "pounding the beach," I'll have a view more like the one below:





No comments:

Post a Comment